Cookies and related technologies are information that sites and apps send or read on your devices on your first visit, only to be relayed back to the same sites or apps on your next visit.
Our cookies allow us to:
- store the preferences entered
- Avoid re-entering the same information multiple times during the visit such as user name and password
- Analyze the use of services and content provided by the Site to optimize the browsing experience and services offered
- Show you relevant advertisements with your interests.
On the other hand, your consent is required for non-anonymized “analytical” cookies and for “profiling” cookies, such as those that provide statistical analysis of the use of the Site, or that define a profile of the user in order to have them display advertising messages in line with the preferences expressed while browsing.
Profiling cookies use data that are not immediately referable to you but which by their very nature, through processing and association with data held by third parties, could allow you to be identified. Profiling may be based, for example, on the sections of the Site that you consult or on information that third parties have collected about you, such as your interests, age, gender, location, and other similar information that is derived from your browsing activities. Unique identifiers (“IDs”), such as those stored by cookies, are used to distinguish your devices and actions from those of other users.
You can turn all these cookies on or off at any time, and you can always change your mind.
Keep in mind that cookies that come from third-party sites or servers can track your actions on several websites, not just ours.
How long do cookies last?
There are different types of cookies, which, depending on their characteristics and functions, may persist on your device for different periods of time: so-called session cookies, which are automatically deleted when you close your browser; and so-called persistent cookies, which remain on your device until a predetermined time.
Types of Cookies used by the Site:
Technical and analytical cookies:
- _grecaptcha – Accessible to script – Duration: persistent
- _GRECAPTCHA – Not accessible to script (Http only) – Duration: 179 days
- CONSENT – Not accessible to the script (Http only) – Duration: 198 MONTHS.
- cookie_notice_accepted – Not accessible to script (Http only) – Duration: 1 year
- rc::a – Accessible to script – Duration: persistent
- rc::b and rc::c – Accessible to script – Duration: session
- test_cookie – Not accessible to script (Http only) – Duration: 1 day
- _ga – Not accessible to script (Http only) – Duration: 2 years
- _gat – Not accessible to script (Http only) – Duration: 1 day
- _gid – Not accessible to script (Http only) – Duration: 1 day
Facebook: used to show third-party sponsored products to the User
- _fbp – Not accessible to script (Http only) – Duration: 1 day
- tr – Pixels – Duration: session
Google AdWords: used to target Users who may be potential customers based on their online behavior
- ads/ga-audiences – Pixels – Duration: session
Google DoubleClick: used to record the actions of the user viewing or clicking on advertisements in order to measure their effectiveness and to present personalized advertisements
- IDE – Not accessible to script (Http only) – Duration: 1 year
YouTube (Google): to keep track of videos viewed by the User, including those embedded on the Site, and to remember his/her preferences
- VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE – Not accessible to script (Http only) – Duration: 179 DAYS
- YSC – Not accessible to script (Http only) – Duration: session
- innertube::nextld ; yt.innertube::requests ; yt-remote-connected-devices ; yt-remote-device-id – Script-accessible – Duration: persistent
- yt-remote-cast-available ; yt-remote-cast-installed ; yt-remote-fast-check-period ; yt-remote-session-app ; yt-remote-session-name – Script-accessible – Duration: session
How can I change my cookie settings?
You can set your browser to allow, block, or delete (all or part of) cookies by going to the relevant settings page, for example:
– Page for Mozilla Firefox
– Page for Google Chrome
– Page for Apple Safari
– Page for Microsoft Edge
You can always choose to enable third-party cookies only for our Site by setting an “exception” within the settings of the browser you use.
To disable third-party cookies after you have consented to their activation, you may alternatively contact them, as this is not apparent through our Site.
If you disable necessary third-party cookies, some services on our Site may not work properly. Also included among the Site’s necessary cookies are some from Google.
To change settings related to profiling cookies:
Parco Scientifico e Tecnologico Galileo Scpa is an organization of higher education accredited by the Veneto Region. Through its education department SID – Scuola Italiana Design, it offers a three-year course in Industrial Design and Product Communication.